Last updated: 5th of February 2019
Who we are
Greece Tour Hub is a Travel Agency having its offices at 3 Stadiou st., Athens, Greece (P.C. 105.62). We are licensed by the Greek Ministry of Tourism with license number 0206E60000653801 and registered at Hellenic Business Registry under registration number 145129001000. Our VAT registration number is EL115634788.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, office phone: +30 210 3210031
What personal data we collect
In order to make a booking and to provide you with any of our services, we need you to provide us with certain information. The minimum information we need to confirm a booking is your full name, your email address and your telephone number. If you are making a booking for more participants you will have to provide us with their full names, too. Please note that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal data about are aware of this and that they have understood and accepted how we use their information as described in this document. If you have booked a pick-up service, you will be asked to inform us about the hotel you are staying or the pick-up point. In case of a cruise or any other booking that includes sea travel you will have to provide us with the full name(s), the age(s) and gender of all passengers, as they are obligatory by Law for the Greek Port Authorities. Also, you may be asked to fill in the age(s) of underage participants especially in case you wish to benefit from special prices or no charge at all for infants or young children. Personal data about children under 16 years old should be given by the holder of parental responsibility or with their consent. If you wish a cancellation and you are eligible to a refund, we will ask you to provide us with the number of the Electronic Transaction Confirmation that was sent to you from the payment gateway at the time you made your booking. Also, in some cases, such as an email change or multiple bookings, we may ask you for additional information such as the transaction order ID, in order to process your refund request.
You will also provide us with information in case you have a user account, which allows you to save your personal settings, upload photos, review previous bookings and/or make comments. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included, since visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. Also, when you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you link your Greece Tour Hub account to your social media account, personal data may be shared with us by that social media provider.
We also automatically collect information or receive information about you from third parties:
i) We collect information automatically from your computer, phone, tablet or other device you are using to access our services. This includes the IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system and information about pages have been shown to you. If you access our services through a mobile device, we collect data that identifies your mobile device, such as specific settings and characteristics and other system activity.
ii) We share payment information with our payment service providers, such as your name and phone so that we can confirm your booking. This information does not include your card number or other details of the transaction.
Why we collect your personal data
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- In order to perform a contract. If the required personal data is not provided, we cannot complete and administer your online booking.
- In order to provide customer service. If the required personal data is not provided, we cannot provide customer service. Please note that our customer service staff may ask for authentication, which ensures that your booking details are kept confidential.
- In order to communicate with you i.e. to respond to and handle any requests or to provide us with a review.
- For sending you news about trips, excursions and related products and services in a variety of ways, such as by e-mail, in-app push notices, or by posting notices and messages on the Website. You can unsubscribe from e-mail communications at any time.
- If you are an account user, we use the information you give us to administer your account.
- In order to improve our services and the functionality and quality of our online services.
- In order to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and for security purposes. In such cases we may have to put on hold or stop a booking.
- For legal purposes, such as to comply with legal obligations and/or lawful requests from law enforcement as well as to protect Greece Tour Hub rights in case a legal dispute arises.
If you wish to object to the processing and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly (for example, in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact email@example.com.
Who we share your data with
- We will also share your personal data with financial institutions and payment providers, in case you are eligible for a refund. This may include the number of the Electronic Transaction Confirmation (see Cancellation and Refunding Policy section in the Terms and Conditions document) as well as a copy of your booking confirmation or the IP address used to make your booking. We also may share information with relevant financial institutions, strictly for preventing or detecting a fraud.
- We will disclose personal data to any competent law enforcement authority if we are legally obliged to do so, especially if it is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts. We may also disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to provide you with our services and to enable you to use our services, to resolve any legal disputes that may arise with any parties, detect and prevent any illegal activities against Greece Tour Hub and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. We will also retain your personal data for as long as we are obliged by law or any competent authorities for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts. If you have any question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided herein.
Personal data of children
For children younger than 16 years old a valid consent of a parent or a legal guardian is necessary, since we do not provide our services to children under 16 years old. Any booking concerning children under this age (e.g. as a part of a group or a family) must be made by a parent or a legal guardian or with their consent. Therefore, any information and personal data we collect and proceed concerning children under 16 years old must be provided by a parent or a guardian or with their consent. Otherwise we reserve the right to delete this data.
What rights you have over your data
- You can always access the personal data we hold about you. You can do this by asking us to provide you with a copy of your data.
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal data. Also, in case you find out that the data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask us to correct and/or complete it.
- You can ask us to restrict the personal data we hold about you in the following cases: 1. If you question the accuracy of your personal data, 2. if the processing is unlawful and you oppose to the erasure of the data, 3.if we do not need your data but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, 4. if you have objected to the processing of your personal data in particular ways.
- You can ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you, unless the processing is necessary for the freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest and/or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You can ask us to receive the personal data we hold about you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also can ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party. Direct transmission of your data from us to a third party can take place only if it is technically feasible.
- At any time you have the right to object to the process of your personal data based on legitimate interest or the public interest.
- Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law.
- In case we have made your personal data public and you have requested to correct, restrict or erase your personal data we will take all reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform third party controllers of your request.
- In case the processing is unlawful you have the right to submit a complaint to Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of to your personal data by contacting us.
If you have an account on this site, you can access a significant amount of your personal data through our website. Our website generally present you with the option to add, update or remove information we have about you. Also, if you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you can contact us:
1. Via an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You can write to us: Greece Tour Hub, 3 Stadiou st, P.C. 10562 – Athens GREECE.
How we protect your data
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
“Cookies” or browser cookies, are usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser, while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity by the user in the past. Cookies cannot carry viruses, and cannot install malware on the host computer.